Thursday, April 5, 2012

The media ... a force to be reckoned with.

So, in one week's time, I have been contacted by two separate media outlets: (3/28) Scott Zamost, a Sr. Producer from CNN Atlanta, and today I received a call and email from Tanya Arja, a reporter from Fox 13.

Mr. Zamost is collecting information for the follow-on story (CNN broke the initial piece at the national level), and Ms. Arja is also developing their package from the local perspective. I will say, that I did not focus my research skills on this subject until I was a victim of tax fraud - but the local reporting on the issue has been long-term and persistent. I feel foolish for not being better informed, although there is not much you can do to protect yourself from this crime!

Either way, both media sources have their benefits. I am more inclined to stick with a local news element in order to build the nexus of victims in Tampa Bay, and allow our voices to be heard collectively with other communities nationwide.

Info updated on my timeline:
 http://www.timetoast.com/timelines/tax-fraud-resolution


No comments:

Post a Comment